You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

View Menu consistency (for all Mac 1.7 apps)

I never really compared the View menus for Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo side-by-side until I started testing the Affinity Publisher beta, but now that I have done that for all 3 apps, it seems like now, before the retail APub app & the 1.7 updates are released, would be a good time to consider making that menu's items & default keyboard shortcuts more consistent across all 3 apps.

For comparison, this is what they look like side-by-side now on my Mac (with a few of my custom keyboard shortcuts included):

81835426_Viewmenucomparison.thumb.jpg.53b0e0b8b47140eb336fd27376e29e31.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I’m not seeing the same disparity among the zoom shortcut menu options in the Windows apps. 800% zoom is Ctrl+4 in all three apps, and ‘Zoom to Selection’ is Ctrl+Alt+0 in both Designer and Publisher. Even ‘Actual Size’ is called the same thing (instead of ‘Print Size’) in Publisher.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

800% zoom is Ctrl+4 in all three apps, and ‘Zoom to Selection’ is Ctrl+Alt+0 in both Designer and Publisher.

I must have reversed the shortcuts for zooming to 800% & to selection in Designer for some forgotten reason, because according to the online help for Designer they should be the same as for the other apps. I am not too concerned about that because they all can be customized, or about the three missing rotation actions in APub, since they are popup right-click contextual menu items in all three apps.

What I would most like to see is the same relative menu item order within the 'show' & 'manager' groups in all 3 apps (& hopefully APub's '"Hide All Guides" added to the 1.7 versions of the others), & in the same menu positions relative to the Studio menu item. I would also like to see Photo's two separate "Clip Canvas" & "Unclip Canvas" menu items changed to a single toggling "Clip to canvas" item like in the others, even though it is on the Document menu in that app. Basically, I am in favor of anything that makes the menu item order more consistent among the three apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7