You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I have just started using Publisher Beta 1.7.0.128 and I've been investigated how to edit text frames and picture frames, on a page, which are inherited from a Master page.
Once I've opened a page and selected the Master layer and selected a frame, then if I change anything in that frame, the Master page frame is also updated to show the same change.
However, on the Symbols tab , if I click ONCE on the Sync button. I can alter the image/text on the page without the Master being updated.
If I then click ONCE on the Sync again (quite hard on the Dark setting to see the change in the button), any change to the frame does NOT affect the Master any more.

The same happens if  I click on the Detach button. Again I cannot revert back to having changes updated on the Master page.

Is this a bug or does it mean that having chosen Sync or Detach, that I cannot toggle between updating the Master from a page and updating just the individual page

Pman 

Hi MEB 

I found a further problem before I came back to this forum.  If you create a symbol and drag it on to a master page, then all pages linked to the master page contain multiple copies of the symbol,  figure 1,along its dragged path, figure 2,  though the symbol appears correctly on the master page.  Also while writing this, Publisher Beta crashed whilst displaying the pages like the one in figure 2. Filled in crash report and sent it.  

Thank you for your comment.  Following that and my experiences I will definitely not use symbols on the master page again!
Pman

Affinity master symbol tab .PNG

Affinity master symbol multiple.PNG

Another thing about that I don't know is a bug or not, but once you select a copy of a symbol and click on Sync, you can edit that copy without affecting others but if you click on Sync again, synchronisation does not seem to be applied to the copy you have been working on even though the help file infers that you can  enable synchronisation again. Other copies of the symbol remain synchronised so clicking on one and altering the colour fill,say, will update all of the copies which have not yet been unsynced. So my problem is I don't seem to be able to re-enable synching, Synchronising.PNG.0ab97f6389e2a19aeb1624839bf36e2a.PNG 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.