You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer : Ipad pro - Customize shape menu

Hello everyone,

I'm actualy encountering a problem with Affinity Designer on my Ipad, when I'm doing a form like star, cog or other, I don't know how to get the bottom menu back once I deselected my form to change the shapes. Same question if I click on the 5th button (where my blue arrow is) I don't know how to get back to the surrounded menu.

I don't know if my question is clear?

Thank you for answer guys.

Help.jpg

The bottom menu is a 'context menu. Changing tools results in a different context menu (depending on tool). To get back that context menu you need to reselect the star tool. You also need to go into settings and turn on the on screen modifiers setting. This gives a little white triangle next to the context menu. Tapping it shows any available modifiers and tap again to get back to context menu.The last button (arrow  blue) performs a 'convert to curves' and won't hide the context menu in this case.

You might find the AD PDF  Help file useful. It is is the Resources area. :)

5F94F665-0D5F-4488-993F-0565FBE67990.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

23 minutes ago, Guiem said:

I didn't see the white triangle that you speak about

As @DM1 mentioned, you need to have the ‘On-screen modifier keys’ option turned on.

7E3758FC-4D2F-4118-90DE-01572105EFAA.thumb.jpeg.d624a02751fb44b236b92ba368df8f9c.jpegF3FA31EE-39E4-40F5-9110-EE98D45A710A.thumb.jpeg.dd7036585e24b86718db06fcd9abcf16.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)