You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Folders take up a lot of space in the system.

Good afternoon.
Today I found a folder on the disk with the size of 11 GB
C: \ Users \ UserName \ AppData \ Roaming \ Affinity \
In this folder
C: \ Users \ UserName \ AppData \ Roaming \ Affinity \ Photo \ 1.0 \ autosave
There are a lot of files. As I understand autosave.
Whether it is possible to make so that the program at start checked, whether there are auto-saved files, and if there is that predlogala them to restore, and if is not present, itself deleted them.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Max N said:

Whether it is possible to make so that the program at start checked, whether there are auto-saved files, and if there is that predlogala them to restore, and if is not present, itself deleted them.

In theory that is how auto-save files should get deleted, when Affinity closes successfully it should remove any autosave files.  I believe there was a bug with this not working as it should a few builds ago which has now been resolved and from my testing, a newly created autosave file is deleted when the app is closed down successfully.  If you open the Auto-save folder and start a new blank file, you should see the autosave file get created and if you then close Affinity, you should see it is removed :) 

If you check the dates on the files in the autosave folder, i suspect they will be a good few months old if not older and can be deleted :) 

56 minutes ago, stokerg said:

In theory that is how auto-save files should get deleted, when Affinity closes successfully it should remove any autosave files.  I believe there was a bug with this not working as it should a few builds ago which has now been resolved and from my testing, a newly created autosave file is deleted when the app is closed down successfully.  If you open the Auto-save folder and start a new blank file, you should see the autosave file get created and if you then close Affinity, you should see it is removed :) 

If you check the dates on the files in the autosave folder, i suspect they will be a good few months old if not older and can be deleted :) 

Good. I deleted the files, but did not look at the date they were created. I can only say that 2018. If the files will appear there again, I will let you know.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.