You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Document Setup Questions (split)

Hi Patrick,

1. why "bleed" is part of the "document setup" and not a part from a "new document"?
  2. Also, why there is a "margins" tab in "spread setup" and not in a "document setup"?
  3. An empty "Master Page A" must be created together with a new document and all pages in "pages" panel must have a label of the assigned master page.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• Staff

These do not really belong in the patch announcement thread thread, and so I have split them off to the questions forum

1. Bleed will be part of "New document" before release
  2. Because each spread can have independent margins. Note: I think an "Apply to all" should be added to "Spread setup"
  3. I have asked for an "empty master page" to be an option on "New Document" and for you to be able to create n-pages in that dialog (and therefore auto-assign the master page to (all) pages created) 
    3.b There are a number of similar requests to be able to see at a glance the master page assignments rather that the current hover technique, which is useful when multiple masters are assigned.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

35 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

These do not really belong in the patch announcement thread thread, and so I have split them off to the questions forum

1. Bleed will be part of "New document" before release
  2. Because each spread can have independent margins. Note: I think an "Apply to all" should be added to "Spread setup"
  3. I have asked for an "empty master page" to be an option on "New Document" and for you to be able to create n-pages in that dialog (and therefore auto-assign the master page to (all) pages created) 
    3.b There are a number of similar requests to be able to see at a glance the master page assignments rather that the current hover technique, which is useful when multiple masters are assigned.

1. Is it so complicated to be added in some future beta release?

2. Yes, I know that, but what if there is a need to change the margins on a whole document? Changing the margins on a specific page(s) can be done by creating new master page.

3a. Great!!!

3b. in ID and Quark there is a small letter on page thumbnails in "page" panel which indicates the master page name assigned to that page.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• Staff
43 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Is it so complicated to be added in some future beta release?

No, that is exactly what I meant by "before release"

44 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

...change the margins on a whole document?

Which is why I said "Apply to All" on "Spread setup" would solve that.

46 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

...there is a small letter on page thumbnails...

Yes, thank you. There are a number of possible solutions to this improvement.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:
  1. No, that is exactly what I meant by "before release"
  2. Which is why I said "Apply to All" on "Spread setup" would solve that.
  3. Yes, thank you. There are a number of possible solutions to this improvement.
  1. What I meant with this was before cutomer beta.
  2. Why should I use spread setap when there exists document setup?
  3. Great.