You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rotate picture frame rotates whole document

As the tile says, when I select a picture frame, containing a picture, right click and click on 'rotate right' the whole document is rotated not just the picture frame.

I am following the tutorial and the document I am working on  is my attempt at the brochure with my own phots and text.

These rotate options are indeed the options to rotate the entire document. So it is working as intended.

It would be helpful if they were renamed Rotate Document Right etc. and I question why this is included on the context menu, but that is how it is in Designer and Photo too.

In Affinity every object has its own rotation handle (on a little stalk at the top of the object) which you can drag with the mouse.

You can also hover just outside the corner handles to rotate.

There are various modifiers that affect the rotation described in the status bar.

You can type in the transform panel.

You can use the rotation icons in the toolbar.

https://affinity.help/designer/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=/ObjectControl/rotateShear.html?title=Rotating and shearing objects

Hope this helps.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.