You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MS Publisher - Affinity Publisher

This has probably already been discussed before I'm bringing it up, but Microsoft already has a product named Publisher. Perhaps you already have that worked out? Just don't want to see you sued - because I'm wanting to use Affinity Publisher and NOT MS Publisher - or Adobe.

Thanks!!!

George

On 9/18/2018 at 5:50 PM, George3 said:

This has probably already been discussed before I'm bringing it up, but Microsoft already has a product named Publisher. Perhaps you already have that worked out? Just don't want to see you sued - because I'm wanting to use Affinity Publisher and NOT MS Publisher - or Adobe.

Thanks!!!

George

"Affinity Publicator"  No, you don't need to worry. The whole name Affinity Publisher is a trademark so there's nothing Microsoft can sue for.

• Staff

@George3 & @BlessedWind

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums  :)

I don't want to see us sued either, thanks for your concern. There are similar threads here and here and a few others.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Serif will not be sued over the name. There are too many other layout applications that have use the word, Publisher, in their names over the years and some of those predated MS Pub . So even if MS tried, because they didn't pursue legal means to have those companies change the name, a lawsuit wouldn't go anywhere.

18 minutes ago, pruus said:

Make the name Affinity Publish. Not more, not less. Like Affinity Photo and change Affinity Designer to Affinity Design. So all problems gone...

+1 would much prefer that name. Publisher already has a bad name from Microsoft and you are immediately reminded of that. Not that the 2 applications can really be compared, Microsoft Publisher is a nightmare, Affinity Publisher is a dream in comparison.