This has probably already been discussed before I'm bringing it up, but Microsoft already has a product named Publisher. Perhaps you already have that worked out? Just don't want to see you sued - because I'm wanting to use Affinity Publisher and NOT MS Publisher - or Adobe.

Thanks!!!

George

On 9/18/2018 at 5:50 PM, George3 said:

This has probably already been discussed before I'm bringing it up, but Microsoft already has a product named Publisher. Perhaps you already have that worked out? Just don't want to see you sued - because I'm wanting to use Affinity Publisher and NOT MS Publisher - or Adobe.

Thanks!!!

George

"Affinity Publicator"  No, you don't need to worry. The whole name Affinity Publisher is a trademark so there's nothing Microsoft can sue for.

Serif will not be sued over the name. There are too many other layout applications that have use the word, Publisher, in their names over the years and some of those predated MS Pub . So even if MS tried, because they didn't pursue legal means to have those companies change the name, a lawsuit wouldn't go anywhere.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

There are similar threads here and here and a few others.

Here, for example:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

18 minutes ago, pruus said:

Make the name Affinity Publish. Not more, not less. Like Affinity Photo and change Affinity Designer to Affinity Design. So all problems gone...

+1 would much prefer that name. Publisher already has a bad name from Microsoft and you are immediately reminded of that. Not that the 2 applications can really be compared, Microsoft Publisher is a nightmare, Affinity Publisher is a dream in comparison.