You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I know this has been talked about, there are forum questions years old on the topic...

Is there ever going to be a time when I can set the default for cropping to my own settings and have it stick from one photo to the next and one session to the next?  Standardization really dictates that constrained be used for better than 99% of my work.  That one extra click is a real nuisance and the hold back from me being able to use, support and recommend this product to others.  I really need to be able to set it to constrained, set the size in inches, and set the DPI of the completed crop.

Raw conversions would also benefit from being able to specify the resulting DPI.

This is all in regards to the Photo product, not the designer one.

Thanks

Chimperil59

• Staff

Hi Chimperil59 :)

We've re-worked the crop tool for Affinity 1.7 codebase, which we're currently working hard to update both Photo and Designer to.

This has been confirmed by one of our devs, MattP, in the following post although no specifics are given regarding the tool itself.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I'd have to go back to school to read that thread.  It takes off on a tangent about nodes.  I'm concerned with cropping.  I just did 100+ images from an event last night.  Every photo I had to rechoose the crop tool.  It won't default to last tool used.  Ever image I cropped I had to select constrained.  That's 2 clicks I should never have to make.  I get all done and find out the crop tool changed every images DPI from 300 to 72.  Seriously, what photographer uses 72DPI?  So, now those 2 extra clicks translate into however many it takes me to correct every photo.  I can't even set the image sizer to percent!  So, it appears I can't even batch them because of the mix of perspectives.  It's going to be a very long day.

I really should be asking for my money back.  No, I just need it to work for me - not for the designer.  If I were doing 1 image at a time it would be great.  Shooting events doesn't give you that kind of luxury.

All I'm asking is to have it more user friendly.