You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Purchase for one Mac or multiple Macs?

• Staff

Hi SimoneM,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If they are your own personal computers, yes you can install the application in both.

According to Apple license terms:

MAC APP STORE PRODUCT USAGE RULES

Except as otherwise set forth herein,

(i) If you are an individual acting in your personal capacity, you may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SimoneM,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If they are your own personal computers, yes you can install the application in both.

According to Apple license terms:

MAC APP STORE PRODUCT USAGE RULES

Except as otherwise set forth herein,

(i) If you are an individual acting in your personal capacity, you may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control.

Correct me if I'm wrong, so if I want to use AD for commercial purposes, that it can be installed only on one computer?

Cheers!

Also wondering on this. For commercial usage, I'm looking to switch over several of our development team to Affinity from Photoshop, but we use one Mac App Store purchasing account for software. Do we need to use different accounts to make multiple purchases?

I think you need to purchase with volume license. You also get a discount by doing it that way. MEB can give you the link for it I think.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

• Staff

Also wondering on this. For commercial usage, I'm looking to switch over several of our development team to Affinity from Photoshop, but we use one Mac App Store purchasing account for software. Do we need to use different accounts to make multiple purchases?

No. You can do it through the Apple Volume Purchase Program for Business

• 2 months later...

So is it forbidden to use a AD version purchased thorough the normal App Store with a personal Apple ID for commercial use? ?

Basically you can only use one license for commercial use on one mac. Any other macs you have are non-commercial for the same license.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

• 1 year later...

Basically you can only use one license for commercial use on one mac. Any other macs you have are non-commercial for the same license.

Sorry to revive an old thread, I'm wondering if it matters which computer we first install it on. I work at home using my company's computer they gave me. I never use my own personal Mac Mini at all since the company gave me a nice iMac to use in my very own home. But, whenever I get a new job, they may ask for the computer back, so then I would want to install Affinity Designer on my own computer and use it for commercial purposes. I would of course then delete it from the company computer.

So, I'm just wondering how this works. Is it just a matter of making sure I use my own Apple ID to purchase it and then deleting it from the work computer when I have to return it? It won't matter if I installed it on a machine that is registered to someone else first, will it?

Sorry, I really never buy Apple Store products, so I don't know how it works. Affinity Designer looks so amazing that it's going to be my first Apple Store purchase.