You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Try this: Run the setup. When it fails, don't close the window. Go to %TEMP%/AffinitySetup/ 

You will want the folder with the latest Created/Modified Date. In this folder you will have Affinity.msi file. Copy that to your Desktop , close the previous failed install and run as admin the msi file. See if that works. 

Hi, not only .netframework 4.7.2 needs to be installed, but also version 3.5.1.  

"Hello Jon, the reference to .Net Framework was great.
I only had to activate version 3.5.1 next to the latest version.
Now the installation is finished and Beta .112 is up and running.
Thanks again for the hint. Now I can test again.
Greetings Dieter"

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/60645-not-installed-beta-109-and-112-win7/

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

On 9/20/2018 at 4:04 PM, GabrielM said:

Try this: Run the setup. When it fails, don't close the window. Go to %TEMP%/AffinitySetup/ 

You will want the folder with the latest Created/Modified Date. In this folder you will have Affinity.msi file. Copy that to your Desktop , close the previous failed install and run as admin the msi file. See if that works. 

When the setup fails the window will close automaticlly, so that means I cant reach the Affinity.msi file.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:01 PM, affwin said:

Hi, not only .netframework 4.7.2 needs to be installed, but also version 3.5.1.  

"Hello Jon, the reference to .Net Framework was great.
I only had to activate version 3.5.1 next to the latest version.
Now the installation is finished and Beta .112 is up and running.
Thanks again for the hint. Now I can test again.
Greetings Dieter"

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/60645-not-installed-beta-109-and-112-win7/

I have installed .Net framework 3.5.1 and  .Net  framework 4.7.2. Update of AffinityPhoto still wont start.

When the setup fails the window will close automaticlly, so that means I cant reach the Affinity.msi file. I am desperate and I need to work.

Thanks for every advice.