You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color opacity suggestion

Maybe, for the sake of consistency, this opacity should be moved all together away from the color tool "Fill" tab to the opacity tool?

Adding the type "Flat" to option menu.

1668825128_Skarmavbild2018-09-18kl_13_30_46.png.da47962e1e28f7b90d92da230cfbccf1.png

And then adding the new tab "Flat" to the opacity panel like it is with the gradient tab but with the option to set exact values only for flat opacity?

520434565_Skarmavbild2018-09-18kl_13_54_12.png.8d71b89b2ad81036d9af62d67eeb4089.png

:) call it what you want mac_heibu. There is a time for layer opacity and a time for opacity on for example a single letter in a layer.

I think the fact of inconsistency remains in some of these opacity panels. And it's my opinion that it would be better to gather all kinds of opacity tools in one "Opacity" -panel.
I.e one tool to rule them all, although it's just an opinion  :).

So four different ways to set opacity...
One as a gradient, one on layer level and two on object level, where one has a slider and percentage and the other has not.

And the Color Studio panel, where you actually can set opacity with slider or percent and the little sibling, where this value is reflected but where you only have the slider and no way to set the value in percent..

I still think that the opacity slider in the context menu should have the same way of setting opacity as in the Color Studio panel. After all, they are siblings :)

1562241960_Skarmavbild2018-09-19kl_08_51_02.thumb.png.043d8ac4ee3936e9350d7e56ea0a7e7d.png743080300_Skarmavbild2018-09-19kl_09_17_32.thumb.png.9360ff70d90d47bee8ed55824259ee6c.png

Thanx Aammppaa :)
Well, I think that it just stresses my point, don't you?
If both you, and I, are confused by this matter then chances are that others are too.

My thought is as I've stated earlier, why not move opacity tool to the same place where gradient opacity lives (maybe except for layer opacity)?
That way, we'll have one "Opacity" panel to rule them all with one tab for linear opacity as it is now, and one for flat opacity.
I think that would be an elegant way to solve this opacity confusion matter. :)

Just a thought..

Skärmavbild 2018-09-18 kl. 13.52.06.png

I certainly agree that it can be pretty confusing.

I am also aware that everyone has their own way of working.

Like you don't consider opacity to be an intrinsic property of the colour of an object, and have always added transparency in other ways.

But perhaps others think the exact opposite?

I do use the layer opacity quite a bit, and rarely use the fill drop down from the toolbar preferring to make my gradients directly on the page.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro