You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 8 months later...

Can't wait to be able to use my Nik Collection in AP. To date, I've had no luck. I hope these issues are resolved quickly.

I use the collection often in PS so need to stay with PS till I can get the Nik Collection to work with AP. I sense a strong

momentum toward making these plugins work with AP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ay11.

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Have you checked this thread? There's also a section dedicated to plug-in support here.

Hi, your links seem to be broken. 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

• Staff

Hi Madame, dlwimages,

This is an old thread. There was forums changes (sections/organisation) after it has been created.

Those links point to archived/moved threads.

To install plug-ins:

1. Go to menu Affinity Photo ▸ Preferences..., Photoshop Plug-ins section then in the Plug-in Search Folders on the right, click Add and browse to the folders where you have the .plugin files installed. If you have Photoshop installed you can simply point it to Photoshop plug-ins folder, usually /Applications/Adobe Photoshop version/Plug-ins

2. In the Plug-In Support Folders below click the Authorise Global button, then click Authorise again in the dialog that will appear. Finally check Allow "Unknown" plugins to be used still in the same panel on the bottom left. You must then restart Affinity Photo.

Note that not all plug-ins may work correctly. Photoshop plug-in support is still being worked/developed.

Madame, were you able to get your Nik filters to work? Here are my settings--maybe it will help.

Asha, I don't have NIK collection (anymore). I have ON1 Photo 10. 

Thank f you very much for trying to help. :)

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

• Staff

Hi Madame,

It's not your config. ON1 Effects, Enhance and Portrait 10 are not recognised by Affinity Photo.

Regarding Nik Collection:

Working correctly:

Analog Efex Pro 2

Color Efex Pro 4

Silver Efex Pro 2

Partially working:

HDR Efex Pro 2 - it's only possible to work with a single image at once. There’s no interface to access the Image Selection Dialog like in in Photoshop or the Nik Selective Tool to load an image set.

Not working:

Dfine 2

Viveza 2

Sharpener Pro 3: (1) RAW Presharpener

Sharpener Pro 3: (2) Output Sharpener

Hi Madame,

It's not your config. ON1 Effects, Enhance and Portrait 10 are not recognised by Affinity Photo.

Regarding Nik Collection:

Working correctly:

Analog Efex Pro 2

Color Efex Pro 4

Silver Efex Pro 2

Partially working:

HDR Efex Pro 2 - it's only possible to work with a single image at once. There’s no interface to access the Image Selection Dialog like in in Photoshop or the Nik Selective Tool to load an image set.

Not working:

Dfine 2

Viveza 2

Will the HDR Efex Pro be working properly in the near future and will plugins from Nik that doesn't work for the moment, hopefully be working later on down the road?

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»

• 5 weeks later...

My workflow depends entirely upon the Nik collection. When can we expect to have the remaining apps working within Affinity?:

Dfine 2

Viveza 2

It's been months since I purchased Affinity, but I can't begin to use it until it can fully support my workflow. How about a proper answer???

• Staff

Hello edwardsson, simonclivehughes,

We are still working on Photoshop plug-in support. This is not a trivial task since there's some Mac App Store restrictions in place, Affinity has to support some specific API calls/features for certain plug-ins to work and as Asha mentioned, having direct support from plug-ins developers also takes some time. Hopefully things will improve as we move forward. I don't know yet more details/timeframes for the remaining Nik plug-ins, sorry.

Hi Simon--it is a 2-way street, so it would be helpful if you also submit a request to Nik that they support Affinity Photo. If more people request, I think they will pay attention.

Done!

Hello edwardsson, simonclivehughes,

We are still working on Photoshop plug-in support. This is not a trivial task since there's some Mac App Store restrictions in place, Affinity has to support some specific API calls for certain plug-ins to work and as Asha mentioned, having direct support from plug-ins developers also takes some time. Hopefully things will improve as we move forward. I don't know yet more details/timeframes for the remaining Nik plug-ins, sorry.

Understood that supporting PS plug-ins is ongoing, but since you already support some of the Nik collection, I would assume your quoted App Store and API issues are moot in this case?

I have a lot of money and time invested in my plugins. As I cannot use these with AP I have to keep jumping back into PS. Given that and PS' better integration with LR I fear I might also be leaving AP on the shelf until it is ready for my sort of prime time. I do need plugin support and I do need full integration with a DAM.

It is a shame for AP is a great bit go kit. I will keep trying but.........

Update: I received the following back this morning from Nik:

"I appreciate you taking the time to send in your feedback. We have received a compatibility request for Affinity Photo from several of our users. As we do value the feedback we receive from our photographers, I will be sure to provide it to the appropriate team for their review and consideration for future compatibility updates."

Update: I received the following back this morning from Nik:

"I appreciate you taking the time to send in your feedback. We have received a compatibility request for Affinity Photo from several of our users. As we do value the feedback we receive from our photographers, I will be sure to provide it to the appropriate team for their review and consideration for future compatibility updates."

In software house parlance that means don't hold your breath. That is a simple stock answer. I know, I'm a cynic :-)