You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to best handle images that run through the gutter when saving as pages

Hi all. 

I'm in a bit of a pickle with a document that I've laid out as spreads so as to be able to place images that span the double page spread. The printer wants just the individual pages with 3mm bleed on all edges. In ID this wasn't too much of a problem as I'd duplicate the image and crop each to it's own pages' bleed edge. With AP when I do the same thing the image frame rescales the image meaning nothing will align. Any help would be very much appreciated.

If it's a saddle stitched or perfect bound book then it will be fine. Just make sure that you have bleed on all 3 sides in the document setup and bleed applied to all pages.

Any image that spans the page will be fine.

If it's a wiro bound book then you will need to use non-facing pages, and duplicate the image. 

The image resizing within a frame is due to be fixed - it's a known bug. 

All in in all - I wouldn't recommend using Beta products for actual work.