You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Masterpage/ Pages not displayed

I have that error too.

A solution is to refresh the display of the thumbnails on the top corner "small/medium/large".

But it happens a lot even when we are working on the document, not only when we open it.

INTEL I5 3470 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | SSD EVO850 500GB | MSI 1050 TI 4GB

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206

Try this:

1.Open document.

2.Have Pages and other tab in the same window.

3.If you navigate trough them and come back to pages, the error will occur. And it will affect all the other documents that are open.

I have like this:

image.png.90bf44a4826f41fd07fe19ba076d074d.png

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206

• Staff

@RM10

In the top right of the Pages/Master Pages Studio  is a burger menu, can you (noting which one is ticked and then) select a different size, perhaps small, and then change back to your preferred size.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@RM10

In the top right of the Pages/Master Pages Studio  is a burger menu, can you (noting which one is ticked and then) select a different size, perhaps small, and then change back to your preferred size.

Yes, I did that before but didn't notice it before that if I choose SMALL, it will work fine.

Only with medium/large the error occurs.

1 hour ago, RM10 said:

I have that error too.

A solution is to refresh the display of the thumbnails on the top corner "small/medium/large".

But it happens a lot even when we are working on the document, not only when we open it.

ok, refresh small/ medium....works. But it is not the way it should be ( sorry ...my english :-))

• Staff

OK we can replicate this now, thank you all for your help

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

This has happened to me since beta 128, I was able to get it back by choosing small from the burger and this worked for a while but now it is back again and cannot be reversed by choosing a different size display, even after closing the file and reopening it.

This seeems to be associated with a particular document and not the running program. I loaded a different document and the pages display came back to life for that one.

This display is so necessary if we want to add or delete any pages, I can't see any workaround if the pages and masterpages are not visible.

• Staff
9 minutes ago, jrkay said:

I can't see any workaround if the pages and masterpages are not visible.

Would you care to share the .afpub file here?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

Sorry, and thank you. I have that file from your post now (if you would like to delete it.)

We believe this has been fixed in the new 1.7.0.133 available now from this thread. Your file loads for me into 1.7.0.133 with no issues in the Pages tab

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.