You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug Report with File - Can't Copy/Paste ID to Apub Any Longer

As per the request of the Moderator in Suggestions/InDesign thread:

"I am not aware that this code has been changed. If you are sure this is true of the same ID file coming into #58 and #128 please can you make a new thread in the Affinity Publisher bugs forum and attach a file that shows this regression (tell us which part you copied and what version of ID you are using to do the copy). Thanks"

Using the first beta, I was able to copy/paste entire pages from multiple ID files (CS5 v7.0.4) into APub pretty successfully and most all text blocks came in correctly. I also had success Placing PDF's of those same ID docs with preserved text blocks. However, after upgrading to the second beta, any and all copy/paste from the same ID files now brings in a new text frame for every line of text. The ID text block now comes in as a group of individual text frames for each line of text. 

I've deleted APub prefs, deleted the app, restarted the computer, reinstalled the first beta, etc. Cannot resolve why this has changed and is no longer working. macOS Sierra on an iMac.

InDesign file attached and screenshot of a copy/pasted ID doc. 

Northumbrian_Aero_Start_-_Print.indd

Screenshot - Bad Text Copy-Paste.jpeg

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

This is the same file as the screen shot done before back when copy/paste worked. Other than it tied together the headline text block with the first column of text, most of the multi-page document came in pretty good as did several other ID files. But now none of them will copy/paste.

Screenshot - Good Text Copy-Paste.jpeg

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

What your saying is that we never have been able to copy text blocks from InDesign and paste them into APub without them becoming single lines of text? I could swear we had done that and had posted that the ability to do so made it possible to use APub with our existing ID files and client work. 

I'll admit that we've been doing a lot of other things while testing APub but I sure seem to remember copying/pasting successfully. 

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

11 hours ago, Chris_K said:

hI nwhit

In your screenshots, one is a copy and paste on one is opened from a PDF. These are two different methods that are going to produce 2 different results. However using either method works the same in 128 as it did in 57

Does this mean that it is not possible to copy/paste text blocks from ID into APub and retain the blocks? This is really holding us up in testing APub.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.