You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smart Object Technology - Affinity Publisher

Hello ! 

Well i believe this was asked many times in this great Affinity community by a lot of members; so i take another chance to raise things but a bit differently this time.
I Really believe Serif should consider to develop a technology similar to smart object into Affinity Publisher but also making that technology capable of supporting smart objects from Adobe will be a great step forward that will enable more areas of application.
i'm not talking about supporting an already existing technology only but building something revolutionary that makes it possible to go far more than what smart object have to offer at this date.
Something that will make it possible to do much more but that same technology should also offer the possibility edit, tweak etc. smart objects created on Adobe products.

Why Publisher?
Because it is a great product that user will intentionally use for creating stuffs destined to external view/usage such as mockups/books cover etc. then Publisher should receive 100% of that technology and Photo should only be capable of supporting what is already created (an existing structure from APub or Adobe PS/Ai).

How should this work?
i believe through a kind of smart persona or smart menu that will have everything there to help build/change or tweak.

There is so much to tell and to do with smart objects in this age and having a technology concurrent to what Adobe made for their products but that will make it possible handle Adobe S.O and improve it far more using revolutionary technics will surely bring stability in the industry.

May you from this community have inputs regarding this to help the idea grow, please feel free to add; only Serif team will be inspired how to implement in due time, we only focus on raising ideas for them to work on and make available for our convenience.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3