You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer - Perspective Tool For Bitmaps

Neat trick re vectors but you cannot perform the same trick with bitmaps and unfortunately at the moment there isn't a way to distort or perspective shift images, if you convert an image to curves it will only allow you to adjust the bounding box but the image will remain static.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Very creative. The closest thing for bitmaps, however, is the Perspective Tool in Affinity Photo. What is it you are trying to achieve that can't be done with vector?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

For me its a basic feature that you s

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Neat trick re vectors but you cannot perform the same trick with bitmaps and unfortunately at the moment there isn't a way to distort or perspective shift images, if you convert an image to curves it will only allow you to adjust the bounding box but the image will remain static.

The convert to curves option in Designer is greyed out when I select a bitmap?

6 minutes ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

For me its a basic feature that you s

The convert to curves option in Designer is greyed out when I select a bitmap?

Try dragging an image into an existing document

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

5 hours ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

That works but it doesn't reshape the entire bitmap persay, not really what I was looking for but thanks anyway

Yes its a weird anomaly that doesn't really do what you would expect, maybe 1.7 update will give the ability to distort bitmaps fingers crossed.

53 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Yes its a weird anomaly that doesn't really do what you would expect, maybe 1.7 update will give the ability to distort bitmaps fingers crossed.

Hopefully, the devs seem to be doing a good job in adding some advanced features i just hope they don't miss some rudimentary things like this as they can be quite useful.