You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer on iOS 12

Maybe it has something to do with placebo (which I don’t think it has), because I’ve expected to see improved performances on my iPad Pro 9.7, but it feels like affinity designer works much faster now, with iOS 12, than before. Opening a document is almost instantly, color picker (from color studio) works great with the apple pen, the eyeglass from node tool doesn’t stick every time I’m pressing the screen, enlarging a projects feels much more cursive, etc. Sure, I’m spending all my days using only Serif apps on mobile, and I’m getting more used to the way everything works here (even the peen tool which I hated at first, for its lack of instant responsiveness, is more than ok now), but my impressions are that Designer on iOS 12 is almost the perfect tool to work with! So thank you a bunch for it!

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard