You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why can't a PDF just be placed without option to edit?

1 hour ago, Fixx said:

Use single pages.

If you mean 'printing' individual pages to Postscript files from Preview, text still comes into Affinity Publisher as individual curves. Same thing with Affinity Designer.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

14 hours ago, R C-R said:

If you mean 'printing' individual pages to Postscript files from Preview, text still comes into Affinity Publisher as individual curves. Same thing with Affinity Designer.

Which was the point of this exercise. A working workaround for PDF passthrough.

9 minutes ago, Fixx said:

Which was the point of this exercise. A working workaround for PDF passthrough.

Have you actually tried this? It might be semi workable for a few pages (assuming you can live with the increase in file sizes because every curve has a useless mask), but imagine doing this page by page for a document with dozens or hundreds of pages.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

No, I have not tried this (and I still have my doubts). 

The use would be to place ads PDFs provided by advertisers, so they would be single page documents. Placing ads as passthrough PDF is normal work flow in magazine/newspaper business.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.