bures

Drag to resize shape (huge zoom)

How to resize selected shape with mouse tool instantly when the big zoom is set? I know how to resize shape using Move tool and drag blue handle. But if i set a big zoom the blue handles are moved far far away.
It could be useful to be able drag not only blue handles but object geometry too.

ad-resize-zoom.png.png

I think you need to either move the image in the window so the handles become visible, or zoom out so they become visible.

The View Tool (Hand) or the Navigation panel should help you move the display to find the handles that you need. Or, with the View Tool, double-click on the image and it will zoom out to fit the screen. Or you can drag left with the zoom tool to zoom out, or click-alt with the zoom tool to zoom out around the spot you click on.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

On 9/23/2018 at 11:36 PM, walt.farrell said:

I think you need to either move the image in the window so the handles become visible, or zoom out so they become visible.

The View Tool (Hand) or the Navigation panel should help you move the display to find the handles that you need. Or, with the View Tool, double-click on the image and it will zoom out to fit the screen. Or you can drag left with the zoom tool to zoom out, or click-alt with the zoom tool to zoom out around the spot you click on. 

I know it. But it is not solution.

I need resize the selected shape in that huge zoom for purpose because I need have such zoomed objects. If I decrease zoom, I am not work with objects as I need.

I suggested two approaches: some ways to zoom, and some ways to easily move the image to find the handles without zooming.

If you don't want to zoom, that's fine. Perhaps the other approach will work for you.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta