You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drag to resize shape (huge zoom)

How to resize selected shape with mouse tool instantly when the big zoom is set? I know how to resize shape using Move tool and drag blue handle. But if i set a big zoom the blue handles are moved far far away.
It could be useful to be able drag not only blue handles but object geometry too.

ad-resize-zoom.png.png

I think you need to either move the image in the window so the handles become visible, or zoom out so they become visible.

The View Tool (Hand) or the Navigation panel should help you move the display to find the handles that you need. Or, with the View Tool, double-click on the image and it will zoom out to fit the screen. Or you can drag left with the zoom tool to zoom out, or click-alt with the zoom tool to zoom out around the spot you click on.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 9/23/2018 at 11:36 PM, walt.farrell said:

I think you need to either move the image in the window so the handles become visible, or zoom out so they become visible.

The View Tool (Hand) or the Navigation panel should help you move the display to find the handles that you need. Or, with the View Tool, double-click on the image and it will zoom out to fit the screen. Or you can drag left with the zoom tool to zoom out, or click-alt with the zoom tool to zoom out around the spot you click on. 

I know it. But it is not solution.

I need resize the selected shape in that huge zoom for purpose because I need have such zoomed objects. If I decrease zoom, I am not work with objects as I need.

I suggested two approaches: some ways to zoom, and some ways to easily move the image to find the handles without zooming.

If you don't want to zoom, that's fine. Perhaps the other approach will work for you.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 years later...