You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug - Delete Colour Swatches not working

If you add a colour to the swatches panel (any) and you want to delete it, the default ctrl+click on swatch doesn't bring up the contextual pop-up menu, so you're unable to delete the swatch.

It works as it should in Affinity Photo...

504149982_ScreenShot2018-09-17at17_37_23.png.d31d48896f1941a40f1e07e9f2eb8745.png

Deleting added swatches works fine for me, but what does not work is deleting an entire palette I added as a document palette.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yes, you can delete the colours if you are using a mouse...

I'm on a Macbook Pro, and the contextual menu don't appear on the swatches panel when using the click and ctrl using the trackpad to click and holding down the ctrl key.

I still think it's a bug...

1649420883_MacBookProinfo.png.0fdf1599730d8ba9686c1b118fd47a25.png

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the info, I was aware of that, but coming from the early days of Illustrator (Version 3 on Floppy discs!) on the Mac and a single button mouse, old habits are hard to unlearn!

Using 2 fingers to control click does seen un-intutive especially if you're used to the old way. A lot of the layout tools are easier to control if you just use the Ctrl button especially if you're moving between the shift and the cmd.

I also use a tablet so it's sort of ingrained in me to use the ctrl+click method.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.