You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize Picture Frame does not scale image

In the latest Beta, the problem that the custom scaled picture in a frame loses its customized scale, which is good, however, there does not seem to be a way to scale the box with the content together. In indesign you use a modifier to scale the frame with the content, but publisher does not seem to have this option? I tried the option to "lock children" but this has no effect. The best option would be the solution used for text boxes, where I can either reframe just the frame, or the frame with the text. (see image)

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-17 om 14.45.08.png

Also I tried out the other options to rescale picture frames but they are also not working like they should:

- Lock Children does not have any effect when I have one of the auto-resize options enabled. In my view this should enable me to resize the box without the image inside it. If it cannot, get rid of it.

- I had a situation where I switched from custom scale to auto-scale. sometimes this put the image oddly off-center in the frame, and every time I rescale it.

- I still need "fit image to frame" and "fit frame to image" options: these are essential especially if I want to make sure no parts of the image are cut off

Picture frames are still pretty buggy and unpredictable: I hope you can fix this soon, as it is pretty essential.

I love the work you have done on publisher. it still needs work, but it looks good, thanks!

• Staff

Hi postmadesign,

Thanks for your feedback and support. Regarding your points:

1. Lock children - I will pass this to the dev team/will try to get more info regarding its use with picture frames.

2. When you switch from None to a Scaled option the image size is adjusted accordingly to the width or height of the picture frame (depending on the scale option you picked) and placed/moved to the centre of the previous un-scaled image position. To ensure it's placed in relation to the centre of the picture frame click the centre anchor point in the picture frame properties dialog.

3. I agree it would be nice to have the fit options as well. Hope the dev team considers this for a future update/version.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.