You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.128

Few things missing for me:

1. If I create a box, for example, how can I make the color a PMS color? I can't find any way to get PMS colors.

2. No way to check separations to make sure all CMYK and PMS colors could be checked.

3. When printing (on a Mac) the dialog box showing the document has a pink background.

4. Printer marks don't print.

i've noticed APub crashes if you try to add 2 page numbering on facing page.

i was following the official tutorial from Serif about adding page number and the numbers where showing on left side only so tried to create another text box and make it page number, APub simply crashed just after  clicked on that second text box to make it page number.
This shouldn't be the case but the software should send us a warning message preventing us from doing that manipulation (if forbidden by Serif) instead of simply crashing sayin nothing to me :57_cry:

Dev's please fix my APub.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

1 hour ago, dorkboycomics said:

Yes, .128 is the latest - it's a bit confusing because it reads like  .1 compared to a .5, but is actually newer.

The first one probably should have been .058 in that respect

The dots in the version number are not for decimals, but a sequential separator. You have to read the version number as an hierarchical sequence of 4 numbers (like an IP number). 128 is greater than 58 and therefore a later sub-version of the 1.7.0 version.

• Staff
1 minute ago, Huang888 said:

If I open a designer document including artboards, Apub crashes if I check "artboards to spread". If I don't check this Apud opens the document with one page including all artboards.

Thanks. Please make a new thread in this forum, as this announcement thread is not a good place to discuss bugs. Also please provide the Afdesign file or request an upload link if you cannot share it here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
1 hour ago, Slayman said:

Tables are buggy and don’t act consistent. Changing all text in a table doesn’t work right.

Page thumbnails are over saturated. It might be trying to display CMYK as RGB.

Thanks. Please make a new thread in this forum, as this announcement thread is not a good place to discuss bugs. Also please provide sample files or request an upload link if you cannot share it here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
7 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

i've noticed APub crashes if you try to add 2 page numbering on facing page.

Dev's please fix my APub.

Thanks. Please make a new thread in this forum, as this announcement thread is not a good place to discuss bugs. Also please provide the .afPub files or request an upload link if you cannot share it here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
12 hours ago, skyking said:

Few things missing for me:

1. If I create a box, for example, how can I make the color a PMS color? I can't find any way to get PMS colors.

2. No way to check separations to make sure all CMYK and PMS colors could be checked.

3. When printing (on a Mac) the dialog box showing the document has a pink background.

4. Printer marks don't print.

1. In Swatches studio pop down colours, Pantone are in there

2. Visualising colour separations is not implemented (yet).

3. Pink background means the the document does not fit on your paper

4. Please make a new thread in this forum, as this announcement thread is not a good place to discuss bugs. Also please provide the .afPub files or request an upload link if you cannot share it here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I just received in my inbox an Affinity newsletter dated "Sept. 18" that announces a new Beta (from the 17th). It's the 21st today.

Is Affinity sending its emails by regular post? :D

[Just wanted to alert you if there's an issue with delayed automated delivery or something. ]

My BOOK (created with Publisher, Designer & Photo):
Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way)

My WEBSITE (also developed using Affinity apps):
www.RolandK.ca — "Relentless adventures in self-expression"

[Power Mac & Intel PC (HighSierra/Monterey/Win 10]

• Staff
1 hour ago, TheOtherRoland said:

Just wanted to alert you if there's an issue with delayed automated delivery or something.

No issue all as expected, but thanks.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Affinity Publisher is looking to be exactly what I personally need. I've been a customer and user of Adobe products as a business user for many years. I have now retired with my own (legal) copy of CS6. I was pointed to Affinity Publisher via an Adobe forum after bemoaning the fact that as I have retired and my "publishing" work is solely for local clubs, societies and voluntary work I cannot justify or afford to move to the new business model of monthly subscriptions that so many businesses are moving to. It was heartening to have many others supporting my case for some kind of "retirees" package!

I am very pleased to see that Serif (whose products I have used occasionally over many years) is likely to provide me with what I can see so far with a quality replacement for InDesign at the level of functionality I need and, who knows, other applications to enable me to keep working with local voluntary and other clubs and societies.

In the coming weeks and months I can see myself experimenting with Affinity Publisher and if I can will contribute to the development processes and teams.

Keep up the good work!

• Staff

This thread is locked, there is now a more recent beta available from the thread pinned to the top of this forum.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd