You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.128

18 hours ago, Bo Lovenhjelm said:

impossible to download, stops after a couple of minutes :(

maybe try it again, i just downloaded it without any problems. If it still don't work, DM me

EDIT: sorry, just saw you already where successfull and have it downloaded

Edited by smmoser
new insights :D

• Staff
15 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

It says above in the Print / Export fix list  "- All formats now export with optional bleed" so tried to print/export as pdf a booklet with bleed = still no bleed - looks like all the other formats bleed just not Booklet and Book

Please post new bugs into a new thread in this forum, thank you. New threads in this forum create a support ticket to try to make sure bugs are not overlooked. [moving your post into a new thread does not create a ticket or I would do that].

5 hours ago, dorkboycomics said:

(tiny) Bug:  The Export PDF "Include Bleed" checkbox in the main PDF export screen is out of sync with the "Include Bleed" in the more slide out window.

Maybe it should just not be in "More" ?

It may not be so tiny if only one "include bleed" is honoured, which may be Dazamondo77's issue.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
3 hours ago, osang said:

Nice...but still there's a problem with a pdfs created from other application like InDesign and placed in Publisher.

Please report any new problems using this build in a new thread, however lots of previously reported issues have not been addressed in this build, and only the items in the fixlist given by Adam W have been addressed.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
20 hours ago, Capodastra said:

Just opened a pdf file (great!) attempted to cut and paste copy from one page to a new document (only a simple business card) and it just hangs!

This announcement thread is not a good place to discuss problems. Thank you for making a new thread on this issue.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Show and hide of suffixes is an operating system feature. You can configure this in Finder Preferences.

Crops on exported PDF are implemented. Define them in „Document setup“ and switch them on under the „More“ button of the Export panel. (Attention: On Mac, there exists a glitch: The „Include Bleed“ option can be set twice: In the main export dialog and in its sub dialog „More“.)

Noticed a bug with imported pdfs - the measurements always default to points but in the latest build you can no longer change to mm or cm or whatever - I've tried with a few imported pdfs and it's the same with all  -

spread setup,
all spread,
show in units,
change points to mm -
OK = still points

It did bomb Pub after a few goes (and I lost all my panel placements) and tried restarting a few times + rebooted my mac but still having the problem

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• Staff
13 minutes ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Noticed a bug with imported pdfs - .....

This announcement thread is not a good place to discuss problems. Please make a new thread on this issue.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 9/17/2018 at 8:29 PM, Dazmondo77 said:

---ACE--- 

Just tried out the latest build - imported table info from numbers and pasted into pub table pre-setup with specific cell column sizes and it doesn't change to equal column sizes, keeps my formatting --- ACE 

Layer shortcuts are here for moving forward/back --- TOP STUFF although I can't seem to use that same shortcuts I've assigned in Designer and Photo - no worries I'll change em to the set I now have assigned to pub

---NOT ACE---

It says above in the Print / Export fix list  "- All formats now export with optional bleed" so tried to print/export as pdf a booklet with bleed = still no bleed - looks like all the other formats bleed just not Booklet and Book

Still no fix for rasterise bug that crops to page instead of cropping to bleed  ------

well done anyway for cracking on with all the other stuff - seems more stable 

PDF export with bleed is not optimally solved, bleed setting is redundant.

www.wobmann.com

• Staff
15 hours ago, KipV said:

Can someone explain what this means?

Lots of Studio Icons have rather neat drag functionality. For example

1. Select some text (in a text frame ).
  2. In the Paragraph Studio give it a first line indent of 1.0.
    and then
  3. place your cursor over the "First Line Indent" icon.
  4. Mouse down and holding it down drag it from side to side.

The value of first line indent changes with the drag to more (drag right) and less (drag left) than 1.

This is true of many many icons in studios. The Kerning icon in the character tab (on the Mac build) did not have the drag functionality and now it does.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hi

Sorry wrongly posted in 1.7.0.58

Am using 128 on a document created a couple of betas ago, and can only see the bleed guides on the first page and not on subsequent pages. Obviously the settings like "Show bleeds" is on as I can see the guides on Page 1.

Is this something I'm doing wrongly or a bug.

Appreciate all you're doing.

Paul F

• Staff
44 minutes ago, Paul_F said:

Is this something I'm doing wrongly or a bug.

Please make a new bug thread as this thread is for installation issues only, and attach your document, thank you

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Lots of Studio Icons have rather neat drag functionality. For example Select some text (in a text frame ). In the Paragraph Studio give it a first line indent of 1.0. and then place your cursor over the "First Line Indent" icon. Mouse down and drag it from side to side. The value of first line indent changes with the drag to more and less than 1. This is true of many many icons in studios. The Kerning icon in the character tab (on the Mac build) did not have the drag functionality and now it does.

Yeah we're gonna need a video.

First and foremost – GREAT job with Publisher guys. The speed, UI, UX and look and feel in general are so much better than with the established competitors! Hats off so far!

That said, there's one bug I find particularly annoying: Master pages are not rendered correctly on right-hand spread pages when you save and reopen the file. The layer is there but the contents are not displayed. Re-applying the master helps – until you save and reopen again. I have observed thisin the demo Affinity Brochure too - page 7, dark background is not rendered. 

Am I the only one affected by this?  

Keep up the excellent work, Publisher is shaping up to be a bad surprise for the DTP behemoths ;-) 

• Staff
13 minutes ago, Goner__ said:

...there's one bug I find particularly annoying...

Please make a new post when reporting bugs, as explained in the first post by Adam W. This thread is not a good place to discuss problems with lots of contributors.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

@LionessLady

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

32 minutes ago, LionessLady said:

Is there a Windows update for the beta? I keep getting a notice to download an update when I open the program, but the only link here is for Mac....

There are 2 bugs forums, and the Windows update (currently #128) is pinned to the top of the Windows forum here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
1 hour ago, evtonic3 said:

Yeah we're gonna need a video.

Sorry bit busy. I have reworded it a bit and perhaps someone else can help demonstrate. I don't think we have a tutorial that includes this but it's a neat trick for all our apps.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hello,

at the moment publisher works very well. I must change some informations in a folder with more than one site. I made it with affinity designer. Now I want to do the changes in publisher. Can you say me, how long I have to wait for the function to import a document made with designer?

Thanks forward, Thomas

• Staff
1 minute ago, Huang888 said:

Can you say me, how long I have to wait for the function to import a document made with designer?

Right now... File > Open. All builds of Publisher will open your files. You should SAVE AS either .afdesign or better .afpub , as Affinity Designer 1.6 will not be able to reopen your Affinity Publisher 1.7 file

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 9/17/2018 at 2:23 PM, Capodastra said:

been waiting for this for ages. Just opened a pdf file (great!) attempted to cut and paste copy from one page to a new document (only a simple business card) and it just hangs! 

BD((

Macbook Pro 13"; 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5; 8 gb ram; Yosemite.

Not having this problem myself. All fields/content remains editable. I'm on a MacBook 15' retina, 1.1 GHz Intel core M, 8 GB RAM, High Sierra

On 9/18/2018 at 6:56 AM, osang said:

Nice...but still there's a problem with a pdfs created from other application like InDesign and placed in Publisher.

I have a PDF created from Numbers. I can place this without problems. Likewise, a multi-page PDF created in InDesign. Only issue is there is no option for selecting a page on PDF import.

• Staff
8 minutes ago, Haiz Design said:

Only issue is there is no option for selecting a page on PDF import.

You can OPEN a PDF for access to all pages, or if you insert it like a picture then place it, then select it and then choose the page on the context toolbar.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

10 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

You can OPEN a PDF for access to all pages, or if you insert it like a picture then place it, then select it and then choose the page on the context toolbar.

Perfect - thanks Patrick. I have a PDF with 11 pages. I double-clicked to look at the embedded file and decided I wanted to show page 8. Going back to my document where I placed the file, I can change pages but page 8 shows as page 1. I have to delete the placed file, close the embed and re-place it for it to work.

It works if I don't double-click the file. (Not sure why I would need to though!) Brilliantly simple and very useful being able to change the page so easily.