You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.128

• Staff

This thread is locked, there is now a more recent beta available from the thread pinned to the top of this forum.

Click here to download the latest beta for macOS

Purpose: General Testing
Requirements: None

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post here.

Any problems actually using this version please post to post in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Many thanks for your continued feedback.

Please post any bug reports here. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum.

Fix List

Document / Page Management
- Fixed crash opening some documents containing images on a Master Page
- Pages Panel updated to improve layout and performance
- Add Page buttons now enabled correctly after converting Artboard based document to Spread on Windows
- Removed bleed setup from Add Master Page dialog, it is a document setting
- Select Anchor to page should be selected by default for scaling in spread properties
- Fixed Page redraw after deleting artboards

General Tools and Menus
- Added Layer > Arrange, Alignment, Geometry, Transform, Insertion
- Added Layer > New Layer, Layer > New Adjustment
- Preferences options missing from dialog drop down menu
- Fixed marquee zoom when using the <Space>+<Ctrl>
- Fixed Find and Replace text field drop menus on Mac
- Fixed toolbar customisation - Distribute, Operations on Mac
- Fixed Guides editing default for Select Tool on Mac
- Updated minimum Zoom Out for view
- Fixed crash when assigning keyboard shortcut to File > Place on Windows

Text Tool
- Symbols indicating overflowing text added to text frames
- Fixed bug redrawing text flow after unlinking text frames
- Text wrap options dialog fixed for light UI on Windows

Text Panels / Text Style Editor
- Tidied Paragraph style dropdown drawing on Mac
- Fixed application of Kerning by dragging icon on Mac
- Text Styles Panel fixed to display description fully
- Fixed deselection of Stylistic Sets from Character Panel
- Fixed Initial Words not applying in Text Styles
- Fixed hyphenation Minimum Score not applying in Text Styles
- Fixed bullet character style for bullet not applying if tab stop value is 0 in Text Styles
- Fixed 'Ignore space if same style' not applying in Text Styles on Windows

Tables
- Icons added to table row / column extenders to advertise their purpose
- Table tool headers now reflect insets
- Frame settings now applied correctly to new tables
- Double-click on default format now edits that format rather than creating a duplicate

Resources / Resource Manager
- On File > Open, if linked resources are missing, request to locate

Assets
- Fixed Asset thumbnails when asset include image in CMYK document

Picture Frames
- Fixed Convert placed image to Picture Frame
- Custom zoom and placement maintained when Picture Frame is resized

Print / Export
- All formats now export with optional bleed
- Fixed export of Artboards in embedded afdesign files
- Print model not saved with pre-set on Windows
- Double sided prints flips on longest (wrong) side (on Windows)

Thanks for all the fixes. Just wondering if the Assets CMYK fix appearing twice in the OP is an oversight or if one of them was supposed to be something else.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

@Benjihota

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Sorry your first 2 posts were a little overlooked in the noise of this busy early beta. Thanks for sticking with us. I trust your files reopen in this build.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 hours ago, AdamW said:

Text Tool
- Symbols indicating overflowing text added to text frames

Can you explain that one a bit? We already had the "eye" icon for overflowing text on text frames. Does this refer to something else that has changed?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

• Staff
16 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Can you explain that one a bit? We already had the "eye" icon for overflowing text on text frames. Does this refer to something else that has changed?

<editied>

[Note: Dave Harris has corrected my initial post and his makes more sense describing coming improved functionality]

The overflow was only shown on the last of the series of linked frames (the one that actually overflowed). I now the first and last frame indicates if there is a problem with the last frame.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Bo Lovenhjelm said:

Is there an alternative download?

There should be by tomorrow, when the new build ( available here 1.7.0.128 download ) will replace the official signup download here, and will also be put on autoupdate for all users. 

Those affinity.store servers have a higher capacity.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I've just downloaded the new iOS 12 installers for my iPhone X and iPad Pro – but I won't be doing the actual installs until later on.  I'm much more excited about this new beta!  :1_grinning:  Thanks!

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.1.1 release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

The overflow was only shown on the last of the series of linked frames (the one that actually overflowed). I think that every frame now indicates if there is a problem with the last frame, as you would want

In this version only the first and last frames show, and only if the overflow is hidden, and only if Show Text Flow is on. It should change more in the next beta.

---ACE--- 

Just tried out the latest build - imported table info from numbers and pasted into pub table pre-setup with specific cell column sizes and it doesn't change to equal column sizes, keeps my formatting --- ACE 

Layer shortcuts are here for moving forward/back --- TOP STUFF although I can't seem to use that same shortcuts I've assigned in Designer and Photo - no worries I'll change em to the set I now have assigned to pub

---NOT ACE---

It says above in the Print / Export fix list  "- All formats now export with optional bleed" so tried to print/export as pdf a booklet with bleed = still no bleed - looks like all the other formats bleed just not Booklet and Book

Still no fix for rasterise bug that crops to page instead of cropping to bleed  ------

well done anyway for cracking on with all the other stuff - seems more stable 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Took for ever to download but it wasn't 2 years as the Copyright info indicates plus you are missing 

1114561738_2016oops128.jpg.91116ce03054fe317cd645f607fe60bd.jpg

Haven't done much more than open an older file, works meaning no crash.

now to update my sig with 1.7.0 [wink emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 hours ago, Bo Lovenhjelm said:

impossible to download, stops after a couple of minutes :(

The first time I tried the download, it stalled after a few minutes & would not resume. I eventually canceled the attempt, deleted the partial download, & tried again from a fresh start. It then downloaded quickly. I think it was a combination of canceling & deleting on my part plus a lot of luck in hitting the server when it was not overloaded on the second try that did it.

Maybe that will work for you too....

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello @AdamW i'm so happy for this new update of Affinity Publisher.

Well, the bellow made me smile when i saw it:

10 hours ago, AdamW said:

General Tools and Menus
- Added Layer > Arrange, Alignment, Geometry, Transform, Insertion
- Fixed toolbar customisation - Distribute, Operations on Mac

to me it means a lot because i've been sharing and asking for this days ago in a thread somewhere in this great forum.

Also please, would you enlighten me by telling more about the below ?

10 hours ago, AdamW said:

Tables
- Icons added to table row / column extenders to advertise their purpose

i hope resource manager now show alert sign on missing links (not the pop-up message in the software); if not then, next beta release (if there is one planned) should see that enabled.

Above all, thank you for this great work and ... the s3 servers works well now !

Blessing!

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

5 minutes ago, Arnaud Mez said:

Also please, would you enlighten me by telling more about the below ?

This is about the arrows at the bottom and to the right indicating that you can add, delete colours, rows.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4