You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images not appearing in resource manager

I've created a document, and inserted a number of images.  However, I now want to link those files, rather than have them embedded, so I went to resource manager to do that, but the images don't appear.  To test, I tried just dragging an image directly into the document.  This one appears in the resource manager.  I also created a frame directly on the page, and then dragged an image onto this.  This appeared in the resource manager too.

So the fact they don't appear must be because of the process I used:

1. I created a master page, with two image frames in the positions that I wanted images.
  2. I created a number of pages based on this master page.
  3. I turned off syncing and unlinked the master page layer on each page.
  4. I dragged images onto the frames to populate them.

There must be something about this process that means that the images don't get indexed into the resource manager.  Please can this be corrected?

Affinity Publisher Resource Manager Bug.jpg

• Staff

Hi Aristocrates,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is due to turning off the syncing. This area is not finished yet. As far as I know the Symbols panel is not intended to be used with Master pages for management/manipulation of its objects. There should be more improvements here in future updates.

Thanks for the reply.

Just so you know, the reason I used syncing is because I wanted to ensure that all the picture frames were the same size and formatted the same (so if I added a border to one, I could add it to all the others at the same time).  This is why I made the frame on the master page, and then was intending to only change the one thing which would change - the image - on each page. 

Perhaps there is another way to do this? If not, I think this would be widely beneficial feature.  I'm used to PagePlus X8, where I used to make the whole template on a master page, and then promote the elements I was changing for each page.  I don't think that system was ideal, but I understood it!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.