You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ability to draw in 3d

Hi, guys, this is a big one but hear me out. I would love the ability to create things in 3d by drawing it in 3d just like they do in u-make. I don't know if that's possible but as an artist, I think they have to have a desktop version and there's nothing out there except a very expensive program that most if not all other people on here would be able to afford. Can't remember the name right now but I believe the program was in the ten thousand dollar mark or more. But if we could design things like they do in u-make and on a pc or apple computer that would be awesome! please make something like this happen in the future if possible. I know this not a 3d program so before anyone messages back know that I know that but an artist can dream and you never know where they might take this program in the future. I want to design stuff and already do a lot of art in Sketchbook pro as I love their symmetry and perspective grids and such and would like to see something like that in here as well but now I'm asking for too much. Anyway here is a link to Umake video so you can tell me what you think about this idea. Good or bad? Is it something that you think belongs on a desktop or just on a tablet? P.s I am looking to make this my one go to drawing app and would like to just focus on just this one instead of having a ton of others with most being old. It says designer in the title so one day I would like it if I could use it for just that, designing.

• 1 month later...

Go check out Blender 2.8 alpha and Greasepencil. While I can totally understand the wish for a one-stop-shop (which may never happen), You can start building You own pipelines right now with the tools best suited. Look at the teaser below. The full tutorial ( $ on Gumroad ) from Jama Jurabaev explains a process that starts with 3D sketches in Blender and goes further in ... any painting app that You prefer, Photoshop in his case. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with him in any way, I just find this a very unique way of creating concepts and art.

I will always prefer hand drawing, but as a Blenderhead (understood as Blender user, not the other meanings...), and how 2.8 does not ceases to amaze me, kudos on those links.... !

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.