You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why should I Upgrade to Affinity Photo from Photo Plus

As the title states - Why should I Upgrade to Affinity Photo from Photo Plus... Also I am kinda disappointed that my current photo program that Ive upgraded throughout the years has come to an end... I'm not a fan of change, And I'm worried ill be getting a less competent photo program - Affinity says for professionals but priced for everyone, It cost less than my photo plus upgrade did and it looks less like a program and more like an app..  

Can I use my previously created content layers made with Photo Plus in Affinity Photo..? You know my .Spp files..?

Another reason I'm having a hard time deciding to moving from my Photo Plus is also because I have the whole plus series.. Photo Plus, Web Plus, Page Plus, Draw Plus.. and they all work together...

I cant tell you how sad I was to see this wonderful series come to an end. Think about it - Corel still makes Corel-Draw and so on... If your new affinity Photo is actually better then my current Photo X series then why didn't you just call it Affinity Photo Plus....?

Thanks.. Mike.

• Staff

Hi iberogue,

Welcome to the Affinity forum!

Why should you upgrade to Affinity Photo? Good question and not one we can easily answer, as only you will know how you use PhotoPlus, and given that you aren't a fan of change, it may be that it isn't for you. The best advice we can give is to give our free 10 day trial a go and see how you get along, you'll have a better idea and hopefully answers to many of your questions afterwards; https://affinity.serif.com/photo/trial

3 hours ago, iberogue said:

Can I use my previously created content layers made with Photo Plus in Affinity Photo..? You know my .Spp files..?

No, you would need to export from PhotoPlus as a PSD and then open that within.

3 hours ago, iberogue said:

why didn't you just call it Affinity Photo Plus....?

We considered lots of different names for our new line of products, ultimately we decided upon Affinity.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.