You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Setting variable table widths

I have been using Page Plus X9 for some time and enjoying it - especially the tables. Was looking forward to the new Publisher but the same as Philcinbath , I just cannot set individual table widths. The table tutorial looks excellent, but the widths are all equal in that tutorial. Even if I save each manual setting as it is done, an automatic change occurs in an adjacent vertical column. I do a lot of tables and rarely have columns of equal width.

Just a further comment upon the appearance of the initial Publisher title/graphics prior to program opening. It isn't a working issue and it may be just for the beta version but I do find the graphic quite unattractive - it looks like a giant blood clot! It would be nice to see a lighter, brighter graphic and in a different colour. 

I look forward to the finished product. Thankyou.

Edited by MHud
incomplete

• Staff

Hi MHud,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for your feedback. Issue logged to be looked at. Here's a workaround that may help for now: if you press shift and drag the right edge of respective column header a tooltip will display the size and you can increase/decrease the size of that column without affecting the adjacent column.

To change cell width size you just click between the column headers and move the mouse. That's different to changing cell height size - which is a design error I'd guess. I don't think there's a way of putting cell width values in numerically without it changing the adjacent width, but again cell height size works fine. I'd hope in the next beta the cell width adjustment will be made like the existing cell height adjustment.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

Hi MHud,
An update on this issue: this behaviour is by design. Usually a table is integrated in a layout and its width dictated by the layout itself. If the table's width were adjusted every time we adjust one of the column's width, you would have to keep resizing/adjusting the table's width continuously to fit in the layout. I do understand the need to also let the table's width adjust when there's no width restrictions and I've leaved it in the log as an improvement suggestion but for now this is indeed working as intended (and how some other apps also do). Thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.