You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I often use Affinity Photo in combination with other software, like Daz Studio and Dynamic Auto-Painter.

Arachnophobia I was fairly easy to do. I shot the background at the Primus Vicus medieval village outside Halmstad, in Sweden. Then I rendered the spider and the viking shieldmaiden in Daz Studio, and composited using Affinity Photo.

Arachnophobia II was done in a similar manner. The main difference is that I had help from two live models, Petra Brewitz and Peter Markusson. The castle in the background of the final image is Borgholm castle on Öland.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Arachnoid Battle v01b_DAP_Watercolor.jpg

Arachnic Battle v02 IMG_6937_DAP_Watercolor.jpg

Arachnic Battle unpainted v02 IMG_6937.jpg

Arachnic Battle Background v02 IMG_6937.jpg

On 9/16/2018 at 8:36 PM, TheEarnestBunbury said:

Wow! Excellent work - the composited spider blends in perfectly rendered with the paint effect. I like the second of these in particular thanks to the greens picked up in the spider's body.

Thanks!

Yes, the second one is my favorite too.