Jml1243

Color selection tool utility with Apple Pencil not working

When attempting to drag the color selection tool circle to select a color it reverts back as if nothing was selected. When a selection was interrupted in another attempt by a phone call the selection circle was embedded into the canvas. When choosing the ‘back to project’ option and then reselecting the same project the selection circle was still embedded. Selection of another project was still left with an embedded circle on the canvas. Only way to remove the embedded circle was to completely shut down the app and restart the app again. 

After attempting many times with the Apple Pencil I decided to use my finger to see if that made a difference. It worked. Attempting with the Apple Pencil again and nothing, then with a finger one last time and again it worked.

I have attached a photo of the color selection circle embedded on the canvas. 

B7095CF7-E860-4D80-A46C-BE113C8E3D18.png

Similar experience to 'selecting' a start area for cloning or blemish removal. Select by Tap with pencil, nothing, Select by tap with finger, sets starts point.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

Hey @Jml1243 welcome to the Affinity Forums.

It does seem as though the Apple Pencil has trouble. I've managed to get it to work once or twice but you need to hold is perfectly still, which isn't really how people will work... This is when I'm using the Colour Picker Tool from the context toolbar or Colour Studio. If I use the actual Colour Picker Tool from the Tools bar, it works fine. 

The issue with the picker loupe getting stuck on the screen can be reproduced easily by holding your finger down to make it appear and then switch to a different Studio. Restarting the app, as you have found out is the only way to rid this until we fix it.

7 hours ago, DM1 said:

Similar experience to 'selecting' a start area for cloning or blemish removal. Select by Tap with pencil, nothing, Select by tap with finger, sets starts point.

I believe this has been broken due to us changing the Apple Pencil input method which we needed to do to speed up the drawing speed that affected the last version :/