You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snapshot, RMB and other options

I know you have the History Tree option but I would love to see a Snapshot button which would be clicked on to store your publication at that point. Each time the button is clicked then a new Snapshot icon would appear in the title bar somewhere and you could simply jump between these or delete them as and when you wish. This would allow pages to be experimented on and simply put back to a set point as required. If this is not possible, how about a Snapshot Button that inserts a Snapshot Icon in the History Tree which did the same thing?

I really don't like the short cut options that pop up when you click the Right Mouse Button as they never appear to change. I would love to see the contents change dependent on the screen object selected. So when a picture is clicked on you have options such as align, replace image etc right there, rather than have to keep moving up to the title bar; Or can we have the option to customise this menu drop down please?

As you work on a design I can't see an option to review it as it would look when published. Is there one? as it would be nice if it appeared as a pdf document so you could view your progress.

When you drag images etc off the page they can't be seen, even when the clipping option is turned off, so you can't store assets off the edge of the page which is very strange and really unhelpful when you are playing around with object positioning on the page.

When you select a page would it not be possible to place a thumbnail of each asset on that page in a side bar where they can be selected without clicking on them on the page? I say this because it is so easy to move objects out of position when you are simply want to highlight them. Locking them in position isn't really the answer when you still need to move them around. An assets menu bar would also allow objects to be dragged out onto the page as a copy, or dropped into another box to replace the contents.

Highlighting text in a text box is a very hit and miss affair and quite often the text box is dragged out of position. Could an option be added so that you hold the LMB down for a second or so and you automatically go into text edit mode?

This is a big program so apologies if somethings there already which I may not have found yet.

I really like this software, and because of the price it will be a must buy when its released. 

Keep up the great work.

I think that quite a few of the things that you mention are already there, or are likely to come, as they exist in other Affinity products. 

For example...

Turn on the layers panel in view > studio > layers to see the hierarchy of all objects in the document.

In the layers panel you can also toggle edit all layers, bottom left corner, to limit the ability to select objects on the page. Personally I don't get on with this option most of the time, but you may love it? 

Double clicking on a text box will switch to the text tool, which makes selecting text easier, without mistakenly moving the text frame. 

Snapshots exist in Designer, so may well come to Publisher. 

From memory Assets are already in Publisher, view > studio > assets. As are symbols. 

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro