You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My requests for finished product

Hello,

Long time Affinity user since Serif days.

Love the programs as sane priced competitors to the 'shop racket, no huge fee or subscription and very useful.

I've used  Affinity Photo as the end result of countless 3d images and final edit/cut.

I've done lots of vector graphics.

And last but not least I use the last PagePlus to self-publish my works.

So, here are my suggestion/requests:

1 - Master file same image 

Reason - the thing multiplies file size even when you use the same image - I like to make headers, footers, use scans of parchment for background, etc.  If I use "ParchmentScan001.jpg" it should only be used once in document memory, even if used on 100 pages.

2 - Create a "document importer" or "create pages from page instance".

That is, say I set up the template I'd like to add pages - create a full page of text then go to the text file and Cntrl+C, Cntrl+V the whole document - have it multiply that page X number of times till it makes the pages to hold it.  This can be one - time so if you change the font and there are less or more pages needed, user needs to adjust manually.  My last work was around 80 pages and my next one will be into 120 easily.  The only thing I hated about the software was to manually add that box and link each and every new page...  Then add another proofreading to make sure I didn't like link page 30 and 42... 

Otherwise it was fantastic, such as adding pages in-between and keeping the text line consistent or moving graphics/changing fonts.

3 - immunity flag from "Master Page" - ideally an easy to find icon or right click on mouse button.

Say we got #2 by my request, my next work I'll first create the "Generic Text" then import the document, make sure the Font is good, right size, background JPG ok...

THEN - I'd add the cover page, chapter breaks, an intro comic I commissioned...  Credits for artist I commission for pages....public domain clipart I use... That internal page where I put the disclaimer its a work of fiction and if there are Insectoid ET's that contact man in the future this book is just fiction, not slandering them for 'wanting our women' etc. to see if anyone is reading...

So I'd like to blind it from "Master Page" options so I don't have to re-edit every special page if done after.

4 - "Page Number" tag. 

Bows in shame if you have this and I haven't found it yet.  But it'd be neat to do a "Display Page Number" but then have it workable so I could have it number starting ... page also have it ignore pages - such as those with full page illustrations/comics placed there already.  (turning off the Display page #, flag immunity per #3)

I'm not an advanced programmer, but I think it'd be relatively easy to add these functions.

Lots of "indie" writers, comic artists, etc. just need a cheap but reliable and good program to help assemble a finished product so they can put it on Lulu, DriveThruFiction, Kindle etc.  This feature would take WYSWIG to a whole new level.

So far I'm very excited for this new program.  Insert that Fry Futurama thing.

I'm just making some suggestions I'd really like to see if you can manage them.

Thanks for your time and continuing to improve but keep sanely affordable product!!!