You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a reason why the colour swatches aren't part of the colour choice systems in all of the popups? i.e. HSL wheel, lab and cmyk sliders and ...wait for it... "swatches"  If I've gone to the trouble of saving swatches I'd like to access them across the board throughout the app, layer colours, effects colours, gradient, fill and line colours... etc.

I was wondering about the ability to bring up the Apple color picker. Having this ability will lets us use colors across the software spectrum.

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS

• Staff

Hi Gregg,

The Apple colour picker is available already - go to View->Apple colour picker...

Also, we show Apple's colour palettes in our list in swatches (click the drop down on the Swatches page to see the list of palettes) and we even allow you to add colours to them.

Thanks,

Matt

• 1 month later...

A belated thanks for adding the swatches to the colour page. Is there a way to have it be the default as opposed to the HSL wheel. I am always having to select swatches. Or even better would be for it to keep the last palette you used as your default... until you change it again to something else.

• 1 month later...

You are completely right. I think it was just missed out - I will put it in for the next release.

Hi Andrew,

Same thing  here, I use only swatches (actually the same swatch) for everything I do.  I've got the latest version (1.1.2 Nov 4) but I still need to reselect the swatch every time  I want a new color…  With "next release" did you mean the next one after version1.1.2  or did I miss something? 

It's not such a big deal, but it would be great if it was possible to set a default palette.

Either way, thanks  for all the great stuff so far…. it is very much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dutch 

edit: I'm referring to the "fill" palette top left, the "line" palette/swatches is working fine.

iMac : 2.3 Ghz Dual-Core  intel Core i5
Affinity Designer 2.0.3 : Affinity Publisher  2.0.0 : Affinity Photo 2.0.0

Three more things will make the colour swatch panel perfect for me would be: 

1- a highlight or indication of some kind which colour swatch is currently or lastly picked.  It's sometimes very difficult to know which colour you have picked until you click around in the panel.  A lot of colours can be really close to each other and having a way to see which one is currently selected would be a great help. I think most apps with colour palettes have this feature/ability. Even Blender's palettes, which isn't a graphics app does.

2-  the ability to move the swatches around to arrange colours in a way that makes more sense than just the order they were created... pretty please!

3- the ability to enlarge the swatch sizes, the new macs with their HD resolution has everything getting tiny... it's easier to really see the colour with a larger area... nothing crazy just twice the size would do I think.

(sorry developers, you know we love you...)  :D