You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to fix an accidentally rotated document?

I didn't know this was possible, thank you for finding this out and solving it for me. [smiley-face emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
3 hours ago, phooph said:

Thanks! That fixes it, but is there a way to lock the document so it doesn't rotate without making it uneditable?

I understand that rotating the publication will not be available by release in Publisher, (it's an oversight at the moment). At the very least an option will be added to Preference (which I want the ability to rotate to be disabled by default)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi,

How do you rotate the view on a page, a spread or a  document? I can only find an option View > Reset Rotation

Rotate view is usefull, but at a page level —and they should stay rotated when closing/opening the document for working, but not when exporting to PDF—, for example:

• 90°: When you need to create larger tables (sometimes across few pages), and need to keep this view for working on those pages
  • 0°/180°: When you need to add solutions to games or quizz
  • 180°: When working on poster with different folds, at export some pages should be at 180°, but for working on those pages it's easier to have them in the readable way

11 minutes ago, phooph said:

I think you can also rotate using the Transform pane.

No.

The transform pane is for stuff, not the document. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

+1 for the issue of rotating the page unintentionally while using a trackpad. I found the rotation reset after the first time I'd mistakenly done it and I can see times when rotating would be handy but by default locked would be my preference.

Otherwise, I think this application is the best! As a very rusty Quark/InDesign user I find the menus pretty intuitive and there are not too many options to get lost in.

I am also enjoying Publisher except for the bugs. ;) I opted not to invest in any more Adobe when I got my latest computer and was struggling with other publishing options which seemed unable to accommodate the demands I put on them. I am happily using this and awaiting the completion of the beta testing period.

• 2 years later...

Don't forget there are options to disable rotating the document view. I was going crazy rotating the document view until somebody else pointed these options out to them.

To switch on/off document view rotation (for Trackpads):
  • From Affinity Publisher>Preferences (Tools option), check or uncheck Enable Canvas Rotation with Trackpad.
To switch on/off document view rotation using a scroll wheel:
  • From Affinity Designer>Preferences (Tools option), check or uncheck Enable canvas rotation with Cmd+scroll wheel.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...