nobackup

better/faster color picker needed

Hi, I'm a concept designer and I just picked up the software to try out....it has lots of interesting features.  I use the pixel painting, but I really miss having a fast way to sample and change colors.  Yes, I know you can hold a finger on the screen to pick a color - this is too slow to do any serious painting.  You need to be able to instantly tap a color and select it, like in Procreate.  Please consider adding this feature.  Thanks! 

On your left hand side, the last icon is a color selector. You just need to drag it to the area where you want to pick the color. It's faster than holding a finger. 

On 9/16/2018 at 12:51 PM, Nyanko said:

On your left hand side, the last icon is a color selector. You just need to drag it to the area where you want to pick the color. It's faster than holding a finger. 

thanks for the reply, yep I've tried that...it's too slow for me.  I'm too used to just instantly tapping alt in PS to get the color.  I guess a bluetooth keyboard is in order. 

I'd second any improvement in this line, in the desktop Windows version....very much heartedly. 

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

14 minutes ago, SrPx said:

I'd second any improvement in this line, in the desktop Windows version

Me too. :)

....very much heartedly.

You can do things wholeheartedly or halfheartedly, but I don’t think there are any other options! ;)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

3 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Me too. :)

You can do things wholeheartedly or halfheartedly, but I don’t think there are any other options! ;)

Yes ! I can do them apasionadamente !

EDIT: Is there an option for onequarterheartedly ? I mean, mostly for the afternoon,  I'm sleepy then..... Mediterranean lunch, you know...

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.