You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

better/faster color picker needed

Hi, I'm a concept designer and I just picked up the software to try out....it has lots of interesting features.  I use the pixel painting, but I really miss having a fast way to sample and change colors.  Yes, I know you can hold a finger on the screen to pick a color - this is too slow to do any serious painting.  You need to be able to instantly tap a color and select it, like in Procreate.  Please consider adding this feature.  Thanks! 

On 9/16/2018 at 12:51 PM, Nyanko said:

On your left hand side, the last icon is a color selector. You just need to drag it to the area where you want to pick the color. It's faster than holding a finger. 

thanks for the reply, yep I've tried that...it's too slow for me.  I'm too used to just instantly tapping alt in PS to get the color.  I guess a bluetooth keyboard is in order. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd second any improvement in this line, in the desktop Windows version....very much heartedly. 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

14 minutes ago, SrPx said:

I'd second any improvement in this line, in the desktop Windows version

Me too. :)

....very much heartedly.

You can do things wholeheartedly or halfheartedly, but I don’t think there are any other options! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Me too. :)

You can do things wholeheartedly or halfheartedly, but I don’t think there are any other options! ;)

Yes ! I can do them apasionadamente !

EDIT: Is there an option for onequarterheartedly ? I mean, mostly for the afternoon,  I'm sleepy then..... Mediterranean lunch, you know...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, PJ design said:

In my experience, designers colour picker on iPad doesn’t work at all while photos colour picker is hit and miss.

The Colour Picker Tool and the colour picker in the Colour Studio work fine for me in both apps on my low-end iPad.

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, PJ design said:

Ok got it working, didn’t know I had to double tap.

I don’t need to double tap. Where do you need to do that? Are you using an Apple Pencil (and if so, do you see different behaviour if you use your finger instead)?

Alfred spacer.png

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

I don’t need to double tap. Where do you need to do that? Are you using an Apple Pencil (and if so, do you see different behaviour if you use your finger instead)?

I use a pencil, it seems a single tap works, don’t need to tap if I use my finger, but the pencil feels more accurate.

20 minutes ago, PJ design said:

I use a pencil, it seems a single tap works

That seems to be at odds with what you reported earlier!

5 hours ago, PJ design said:

Ok got it working, didn’t know I had to double tap.

I wonder what the real reason was for a single tap not working for you before. Anyway, I’m glad it’s working for you now.

Alfred spacer.png

• 1 year later...