You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preserve layers in pdf export

• 9 months later...

Ok, thank you but I can't make it working.

Here is the problem, I have to send a PDF to a company that user Illustrator CC to open the file and they need to see the separated layers.

I gave a name to the layers and tried exporting the file going to "export persona" and choosing "PDF for export", "for print" and all the "X" (I tried almost any setting there).

When I open the file with AD the layers are still there with their names but in Illustrator they show up as a single "flattened" layer.

That is a limitation of Illustrator. If you open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and look at the Layers pane, you should see the layers (and be able to hide and show them). If this doesn't work, then something is wrong with Designer and we can look into it. If it does work, then it's Illustrator that is refusing to recognise the layers.