You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting PDF with bleed and crop lines

Hello.

Did a quick search and couldn't find it on other threads (hopefully it's not repeated) but how do I export a PDF with bleed and crop marks?

I've setup the bleed in the document and see it on the work space but when I export to pdf the bleed is not added.

Also how do I add visual crop lines and other printer marks..? is this available yet..? Couldn't find any checkbox at export time.

Thanks

fjv

P.D. Also not sure if this is really a bug and belongs in this  sub-forum; maybe add a Publishers General !uestions sub-forum?

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

4 minutes ago, velarde said:

Also how do I add visual crop lines and other printer marks..?

This options is only available when you select export. There at the bottom of the dialog window you should have a More button.

Select if from there.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff

@kai2

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

In build 128 (Mac build) there seems to be an "include bleed) on the PDF export (and all other Export formats now) and another one when you press the PDF 'More' button!! These 2 options are not linked and it may be that only one is joined up, we are just investigating at the moment.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
35 minutes ago, Sam Neil said:

This option (Include bleed)  is also available in the PC version (build 128)

Yes, but it is there once on the export PDF dialog on Windows and it is on twice on the export PDF dialog (and again on the More  sub-dialog) on Mac

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.