You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Affinity people,

First let me say thanks for giving us the opportunity to beta test publisher and to hopefully help to make it the application we all want it to be. It's looking really good so far. However, there are lots of things missing for me and my workflow (e.g. scripting and grep styles) but I hope that you will continue to add these kinds of features as the application matures.

I am having an issue with the new publisher beta (1.7.0.58) where the frame around a table is always drawing behind the fill and strokes of the cells. I have attached a screen shot so that you can see the issue.

The way I would imagine this working would be that the frame should always draw in front of the cells fill and stroke, unless you have the 'Draw behind fill' checkbox checked. By the way, this check box does nothing at the moment!

Also if I choose 'Text | Find' from the menus the application will immediately crash - this happens every time.

Thanks again

Spacemanspiff :) 

Screenshot 2018-09-15 at 10.14.57.png

3 hours ago, Spacemanspiff said:

The way I would imagine this working would be that the frame should always draw in front of the cells fill and stroke, unless you have the 'Draw behind fill' checkbox checked. By the way, this check box does nothing at the moment!

"Draw behind fill" refers to where the frame's stroke will be drawn relative to the Frame Fill color, just as it would for a rectangle or other shape. If the frame has no assigned fill color (Fill: shows the white box with a red slash) then "Draw behind fill" will have no visual effect because there is no fill color for the stroke to be behind.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Ahh I see now - thanks for letting me know. I didn’t realize the frame around the table wasn’t a part of the table itself!

I guess because the table tool draws the box and the table at the same time, I didn’t see it as being a separate box with a table inside...

In which case it’s not a bug after all - Also the Find menu seems to have stopped crashing the app as well.

5 minutes ago, Spacemanspiff said:

I didn’t realize the frame around the table wasn’t a part of the table itself!

As I understand it, the frame is part of the table, but it is always drawn below/behind the cells. So for example, if the cells have no fill color & the frame does, the cells will display the frame fill color as a background.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.