You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My top requests

Hello.

First, thank you for working on this product. I love it and am very hopeful about it!

I would quite quickly move away from InDesign—it's like using a firehose to water my tomatoes. There's no way I need that much control for the stuff I'm using it for. And likewise, I don't want to have to pay hundred of dollars for a moderate level of use at my job. However, there are definitely some things that would especially seal the deal for me, in terms of switching. I wanted to pass them along for your consideration.

1) I need the ability to import InDesign projects.

2) I don't know how you are planning on integrating the suite of programs—but if I could work on something in Designer, and then seamlessly move that content to my in-progress publication in Publisher, that would be amazing.

3) For my job, I require the ability to impose the pages for printing. At the least, I need to be able to make a 4 page bulletin. If you can make it actually work well and easily, that would be a major accomplishment and way better than everybody else! Typically, this type of printing in programs is badly designed and hard to use. (Although a lot of professionals would send the file to a printer, and not need this type of thing, for those of us working in smaller offices and, for example, making in-house bulletins, having some printing features such as this would be essential.)

4) It would be awesome if that same imposed 4-page bulletin, e.g., could be sent to a PDF. Then I could design the entire thing myself on my computer, print it to a PDF, and then send it to my technologically-challenged office manager, who would actually be able to figure out how to print it! For those working alongside older populations (such as myself!), having this type of feature would be great!

Thank you for your consideration.

Colin