You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Backspace not deleting

Using the backspace / delete key on my MacBook Pro 13" 2018 has, in just one text box, started moving the insertion indicator 'forwards' rather than backwards. Therefore it is not deleting text.

Before pressing the backspace key:

1684098700_ScreenShot2018-09-14at16_01_29.png.d93643971e4b9312402af2c1ecf3d506.png

After pressing the backspace key a few times:

827852710_ScreenShot2018-09-14at16_01_38.png.6dfe4ca7706ea496ea8edc17da26f32d.png

I have done nothing other than just creating this text box. Is there some setting I have inadvertently activated or is this a bug @chris_K ?

3 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi robin,
Ah! This already happened to me once but I wasn't able to replicate it after the occurence. Seems I'm not the only one. I will keep an eye on this and will try to reproduce it again. There's definitely some issue here. Thanks for letting us know about it.

No worries. I can't reproduce it either. One thing that I did when creating the frame was to drag from bottom left to top right. Not sure if that is part of the recipe to recreate the bug. Trying it again hasn't had that effect. Will keep an eye out for it happening again.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

any solution for this matter? Using the backspace/delete key in a text box at the keyboard of my iMac moves the cursor forward, not backwards deleting the characters. I am working with Publisher 1.7.1. Quite difficult to create an annual report with that. Lot's of text boxes. :-)

• 10 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.