You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NASTY Bug - AP 1.7.0.58 crashes when trying to open file created in SAME ver. 1.7.0.58

I have created a a to page document solely in AP 1.7.0.58.
Under production I never closed the file until it was finished.
Trying to open the file now in same AP 1.7.0.58 causes the program to crash instantly, just the splash screen shows for a second or so, then nothing..

I've attached the file for Affinity to view, maybe they can find a way to open it and hopefully squash that nasty bug.

prospector-6sid-zfolder.afpub

APub beta version 58 has a bug where any image placed on a master page will cause the document to crash once saved and reopened

The next APub beta should fix this bug (expected soon)

Attached is your document with the image on the master page removed.

Do NOT add an image back to the master page or it will crash again.

prospector-6sid-zfolder-2.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

6 minutes ago, Miltrin said:

Please can you help me with this same problem.
I need to finish this book today.
Attached file.

fastcasual.afpub

Hi Miltrin:  I just opened your document, but I am using the 57 Beta.   It opened like a charm.  I haven't fiddled with anything and will delete the file from my MAC.  Do you think you oould try to open it again?  Or if somebody could tell me how to attach a file to this forum, do you want me to try to get the pictures off your master pages, just in case Carl123 is not around today?

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

4 minutes ago, Miltrin said:

@jmwellborn Yes, please, I appreciate it.

Please look in the topic "Does not open a file" just under this one.  I have sent you your document without the floral illustrations on your master pages, leaving just the picture frames.  I have not touched your document pages.  I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU!   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

17 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

Or if somebody could tell me how to attach a file to this forum, do you want me to try to get the pictures off your master pages, just in case Carl123 is not around today?

At the bottom of the message composition area you should see a paperclip accompanied by a text link to click on (“Drag files here to attach, or choose files...” in the desktop version of the page, or “Click to choose files” in the mobile version). Click/tap and browse, or drag-and-drop from a Finder/Explorer window to attach your file.

Edit: The “Does not open a file” topic is here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

At the bottom of the message composition area you should see a paperclip accompanied by a text link to click on (“Drag files here to attach, or choose files...” in the desktop version of the page, or “Click to choose files” in the mobile version). Click/tap and browse, or drag-and-drop from a Finder/Explorer window to attach your file.

Thank you so much!  Got it!  I have just sent my revised document for Miltrin and hope it works for him.  You are grand!!!

• Staff

The new beta (build 128) should open all these files. Please create a new thread if it does not

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.