You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been using the beta to set up a book for Amazon as a practice test and to learn the software and noticed that when I deleted a chapter heading that was a text object and added the heading in the body text, both came up in the refreshed TOC. So ti seems like it remembered the deleted heading somehow. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 9:19 AM, MEB said:

Hi nomi02118,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Sorry the delay getting back to you. With the TOC text frame selected, did you press the Update button in the Table of Contents panel on top (menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Table of Contents) to refresh the TOC? You have to do it manually.

Sorry did not see this until now. I did find the problem yesterday. There were copies of the chapter titles, invisible, on the page. I only found them them by moving everything off the page and then selecting everything and taxes appeared they were not visible when selecting everything before. They did delete and the problem went away. As it's a new app and I'm just playing with it to see what it can do, I wouldn't put it past me that I did some weird combo of things that couldn't be reproduced if I tried! Updating the the TOC works as it should now! 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.