I'm a big fan of both Designer and Photo. I too would like to be able to scan directly from this software, specifically from 'Photo'. The 'poor 64-bit scan driver support' sounds like a weak excuse to me, although I'm no programmer. If others can do it, why can't Affinity?

26 minutes ago, jknott said:

If others can do it, why can't Affinity?

Hi @jknott,

most likely because there had been no time to program it and a decision was made that this is not of high priority (yet).

I personally prefer to use workarounds if there is a good solution that does it for me. There are so many different well working solutions for scanning with an external program that I don't miss it in any of the Affinity programs. I'd rather see the team work on things that are not easily replaced with something that is there already :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.475)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

It is not the job of a publishing software to scan images. Before layout, the images should be processed with software like Affinity Photo. This is the usual workflow. In version 1, the simple switch from publisher to photo will be possible. We will then see if it makes sense to scan images in Publisher.

www.wobmann.com

37 minutes ago, Trackman said:

This means reduced functionality compared with Page Plus.

But Affinity Publisher is not meant to have the same feature set as the old line of Serif's Software. This has been stated several times.

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.476)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.3.475)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, Trackman said:

Affinity Photo will not direct scan either!

This means reduced functionality compared with Page Plus.

Setting aside the fact that Affinity Photo should be compared with PhotoPlus, not PagePlus, it’s always been better to scan to a separate file. If you scan directly into your PagePlus project, the scanned image is embedded in the project file, thereby making the file unnecessarily large. Bloating is a primary cause of corrupted PP documents.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)