Pattou

Photo - Nature Design... (Prickly spines)

Hi,

These are two photo close-up displaying... well, different spines and textures & colours. All retouching made in APhoto to achieve a contrasted look.

Patrick

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 32 Go

nice subject, lots of features you can stare at... almost looks like microscopic not macroscopic, like looking at a micro organism. cool colors, is the black background edited in or a backdrop of some kind? the textures are vivid, love that its not to crazy with the depth of field. what kind of lens were you working with?

11 hours ago, LovesToDraw408 said:

nice subject, lots of features you can stare at... almost looks like microscopic not macroscopic, like looking at a micro organism. cool colors, is the black background edited in or a backdrop of some kind? the textures are vivid, love that its not to crazy with the depth of field. what kind of lens were you working with?

Thank you for your comments, LovesToDraw408 :) For these pictures, I used a Nikkor Macro lens (105f/2.8). The black background comes from both a (rather bad) backdrop with many light reflection and editing in APhoto. Editing/retouching would be easier if the selection tools were more efficient in APhoto.

Cheers,

Patrick

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 32 Go

Awesomeness! Looks like a model of an atom or molecule. I wish I had something of the same caliber but I haven't been using the macro on my sigma lens, I am however working on a new halloween project. I think it was  last year i focused my illustration and did a set of Nightmare on Sesame St. I don't know if the photos are on my profile you are more welcome to look.

the goal this photo project is to actually give me a way to display my current ability to use graphics in a more natural way if that makes sense, so the models will use less cosmetic make-up and hopefully I will have the right method and techniques to display my vision.

oh actually I just recalled I have this photo maybe you have already seen it, Definitely a top favorite for me. im working with a Sigma 17-70 a range I find very useful for its price. im guessing the longer the focal length the deeper you can get into a subject. maybe I can find a nice prime one. IMG_2613.thumb.JPG.a39e24c74700072202cfda1f2b5275ea.JPG

18 hours ago, LovesToDraw408 said:

Awesomeness! Looks like a model of an atom or molecule. I wish I had something of the same caliber but I haven't been using the macro on my sigma lens, I am however working on a new halloween project. I think it was  last year i focused my illustration and did a set of Nightmare on Sesame St. I don't know if the photos are on my profile you are more welcome to look.

the goal this photo project is to actually give me a way to display my current ability to use graphics in a more natural way if that makes sense, so the models will use less cosmetic make-up and hopefully I will have the right method and techniques to display my vision.

oh actually I just recalled I have this photo maybe you have already seen it, Definitely a top favorite for me. im working with a Sigma 17-70 a range I find very useful for its price. im guessing the longer the focal length the deeper you can get into a subject. maybe I can find a nice prime one.

Thank you LovesToDraw408. Wow, impressive picture :) I am looking forward to seeing your photos of your next/current project... it sounds very interesting and promising.
I do not know this Sigma lens but I also like the range 17-70.

Cheers,

Patrick

Same theme, different subjects and close-up. Done in APhoto develop and photo personas)...

Capture2.JPG

Well, the last ones for the week (or month)... still within the theme but different feelings.

Cheers,

Patrick

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, LovesToDraw408 said:

your lens blows my mind!

Thanks :). It is a nice lens indeed and APhoto does a great job in post-processing the raw images :D

Cheers,

Patrick

I stick to the title but I had fun with different filters and blending APhoto 1.7 beta.

Patrick

[Edit : some screenshots removed]

Capt'.JPG

Capture5.JPG

I think I am going to end this thread. Other tasks to carry on :)