You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DXF or DWG file import in Affinity Designer

I know it doesn't make a lick of difference as to your prioritization of features, but I wanted to chime in and say '+1' for this. My architecture / design firm needs to export to DWF/G frequently from other vector editors. Everyone here loves Affinity Designer, but we are waiting for this to make a jump to it

Thanks for your work on this (easily the best on Windows) design tool!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To all,

Count me in.....need this tool ...... import & export for DWG or DXF or both like.....yesterday.

So AFFINITY team, when do you think this will happen ?

An approx. time on this would give some clarity.

Ps. Still finding SERIF-PP-09 easier to use, although I do flip back from time to time to AFFINITY, just finding how to do simple stuff drags me back to PP-09. More work on the help file I guess. Is the help manual being improved at all or available in pdf ?

Over & out,

CJT1963

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ditto for DXF export.

My initial dabbling with Affinity trial have been really positive, but fell over at the DXF lack of export.

It's a 'must have' if you work with those SolidWorks types.

I realise it's easy to wave a Magic Wand but a little harder to write code, but it's a very popular format. So, and with some regret as a big fan of Serif DTP, I've had to install the wallet-emptying Adobe Illustrator. And only for DXF export!  Real pity.

Just a heads up... EPS export from AutoCAD works well.  I've been experimenting with all the formats and managed to get this to work, and it retains polylines too.  It's difficult to experiment because I only have AutoCAD at work, and Affinity Designer is my personal copy at home so it takes at least a day to try something out.

Obviously DXF would be most welcome but I can muddle through with EPS for now and just tonight I've succeeded in shading in a logo/branding design I've cobbled together in AutoCAD in my lunch hour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...