You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DXF or DWG file import in Affinity Designer

First, Affinity Designer is beautiful and extremely efficient tool. I like it!

I am doing design and artwork for front panels / operating panels of electric devices and machines. The drawings are available in DXF and / or DWG from Autocad (trademark). What would really speed up my workflow is the option to *import* DXF or DWG files. 

Considering that these files can carry very complex information it would be sufficient to be able import only a single layer file or a single layer of such a file. This contains all mechanical data so I can be sure that the artwork will match the target device.

Adobe Illustrator has this feature.

Export of DXF / DWG files is actually not required for this kind of work.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I purchased Affinity Designer for two specific purposes: one, to work with DXF files produced in ANSYS SpaceClaim, which can then be sent to all manner of cutters (laser, waterjet, CNC routers); and two, to repair DXF files needed for copyright and patent applications.  My old version of illustrator did this, though poorly, which is why I do not wish to use it any longer. Unfortunately, Designer doesn't do this at all.  I am posting here just to reinforce others' requests that DXF support be added to Affinity Designer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

yup, this would be a very helpful feature to add!

can someone officially say something about DXF/DWG support?

is it still in the plans, when is it possible to implement, or should we expect it in the near future, etc.,

the last reply from MEB was a long time ago.

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"

macOS High Sierra 10.14 | iOS 13 | latest Affinity Photo & Designer & Publisher (and Betas)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...